CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 13, 2008

Fun Weekend


I must admit, on occasion, I need a break from the monotony of the daily grind. I'm sure none of you can understand that, right? Eight years ago we went to the Haunted Forest in American Fork with some of Geoffs family. We ALL (don't lie Geoff) got scared and had a total blast. Literally scared the pee out of his sister and we have talked about how much fun we had for all these years since. So we planned a child free weekend to do it again. Thanks to my parents, we were able to go for 2 nights and enjoy a much needed date with each other. The big plans of a huge group dwindled down to his sister Brie and her Fiance Tony and ourselves, staying with Geoffs brother Greg and his wife Becky; it was their 5 year anniversary and they so graciously gave us their awesome bed and slept on the floor-THANKS guys, I hope you celebrate alone and have a little more romantic date! We went shopping for Halloween stuff, shopped for flower girl dresses, ate like glutenous pigs (several times!) and laughed at each other rocking out on Rock Band. We decided of all the haunted house there are in northern Utah, we would try the same one that scared us so bad before. No one peed this time and a few of us got wounded- including me, but we still had a blast and laughed a lot. I think we had more adrenaline pumping through our veins than we thought we did, and we all knocked out that night pretty hard. The four of us who went up together decided to go to the Body Worlds exhibit the next day and drove to Salt Lake from Provo. WOW! I loved looking at the human body in that way. I now know exactly what every organ, bone, vein, muscle, tendon and a few tumors look like up close and personal-way cool! We headed home after more overeating and a little more shopping. We had a great weekend and enjoyed spending time with his little bro and sis. I always love seeing my kids after a day or two away and even though getting caught up on the laundry and cleaning after trips away really stinks, I still love being a stay at home Mom to my adorable, loud, fighting, messy kids!

3 comments:

Trinity

I can't believe you went to the Haunted Forest. We spent the weekend in SLC as well and I wanted so badly to go however we had our kids with us and that was not a kids show. The human body exhibit was another one I really wanted to go to however it creeped my kids out just looking at the advertisements, so went to Chucke Cheese instead. Not as fun for the adults, but the kids loved it.

Caid and Alicia Evans

I'm super jealous... Caid and I are planning to go, I'm just hoping I can hack it! I don't do so well with those kind of things.. but I really want to check it out!

Rachelle

I think you are so brave. Of all the scary things I think the Human Body exhibit would scare me the most. I know I am a wimp. And yes you are truly a free spirit and that is why I love ya.