CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Guilty Pleasure

I have been trying to "DO" better at life. I find myself lacking in so many ways and I have realized this all along, but as of just recently, I have not been content just being "good." The more blessed I am, the more I realize I need to do more. By do more, I am referring to my spiritual well-being I guess. I am what I would consider righteous, but I should try to become "really-righteous" I am so happy with my new found desire to do so, but at the same time, I am recognizing what I call my "guilty-pleasures"! I won't go to Hell (hopefully) for these little pieces of excitement, but I do realize I get no rewards in Heaven, and maybe even a few punishments on earth. But, some I do enjoy so much and would have serious issues giving them up, so for now, leave me alone (yes I am talking to you conscience!) and let me have my naughty moment.

A "few" of my guilty pleasures (and I mean only a few):
  • Internet- I could sit here for hours, and I have mounds of laundry!
  • Swedish Fish- I can eat them till I'm sick
  • Newly arrested inmates- I snoop almost daily on the Iron County bookings
  • Hershey Bliss- So delicious, so fattening
  • Sleeping in- it hardly ever happens, but when it does.....mmmmm!
  • Soda- not a lot, it is SO not good for you, but it is so satisfying
  • Reading- not really bad, unless you are a Mom to 3 with oodles of cleaning!
  • Costa Vida- the whole family likes it, but I really should just cook dinner
  • Sneaking into the jacuzzi alone at night- no one needs to know do they?
  • "Making out" like a teenager with my hubby- eww gross! (my kids think)
  • My cleaning lady- isn't that MY job?
  • A new pair of shoes- I only pretend to feel bad
  • Talking to that one friend who always has juicy news- I don't ask for it!
  • Sunday nap- not often, but I do have a family I ignore for a few hours

I could go on forever, but I am beginning to sound like a ginormous loser and I am starting to feel some guilt coming on, so I must quit! I can't afford to waist my guilt on this silly post, I have much better things to fret over!

3 comments:

Rachelle

Are you kidding me? Some of these things are necessary, not guilty pleasures. Every mom deserves a soak in the hot tub. And if you can't think of a good rationilization for naps on Sunday call me and I will give you a few. Just don't call me between the hours of 2:30 and 4 p.m. on Sundays because I am sleeping and everybody lets me or they have grumpy Mom to deal with.
Also, as for reading. Don't you think our kids want a Mom who exercises her mind. I do! I am totally with you on the wanting to be more righteous but sometimes I just don't want to stop being mad at the crazy drivers on the road. Now that is an indulgence worth feeling guilty about. So, you just go ahead and enjoy your Swedish Fish.

Stacy

Holy cow! I think all of us moms are in the same boat! I never feel "good enough" and there is ALWAYS something I'm not doing that I probably should be doing! We deserve a few pleasures in life, don't we? :)

Karynn

If that's your guilty pleasure list, and you feel loserish, I am in deep, deep trouble! And WAY more loserish than you! I mean, my potty mouth, which has turned into more of a potty mind since having kids, is just the beginning! Those quiet expletives are always on the tip of my tongue! Now THAT's a guilty pleasure. :-)