CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Cling-On


Help! I have a major Cling-on! I am so serious about this that I wish it were funny-but it's not. My adorable 2 year old is (I can almost say "literally") attached to my hip/leg 24 hours a day. I love him so much and I am so glad I get to be with him all day, but he has such a need to by right on me, I beginning to think he has an "issue". I could totally understand if I were a Mom who was gone all day and didn't see him most of his 24 hour period, but he is with me CONSTANTLY. He even sleeps with us still, and has to lay on my arm to sleep! so I am serious when I say 24 hours! If I am sitting, he's on my lap, if I am at the counter, he's between me and the cupboard, if I am in the shower, so is he, even when I have that 10 second private time in the bathroom- WAH LA, there he is! I wish I had a miracle trick of breaking him of his Mommy addiction, so far, nothing. Maybe I should leave him more often and let someone else watch him, that seems like it would be counter-active, who knows. For now I guess I will just try to be kind and loving to him when he's climbing on my lap when I am paying bills, someday soon he will probably think I am not so "cool" and I will be following him around hoping we can "hang-out" together for just a few minutes! Ya gotta love him.

5 comments:

Taryn

I totally feel ya. Ty is with me non-stop. I finally started waiting for Wayne to get home to run errans ALONE! It gets annoying, but it's what we wish we had when they get older ( at least thats what I keep telling myself)

Trinity

Keep reminding yourself how the tables will turn. That's really my only advice. I don't think there is a way to break them and if there is I haven't found it. Count your blessings for the time being. Your number 1.

Rachelle

Wow you are such a great mom. I am very anti clingy. You have such a great attitude about it. My girls continue to be clingy. My son went through a way clingy stage, now I can't wait till I get my dutiful kiss and hug from him every night, cause that is about all you get from 10 year old boys. Still as much as I would love a few more ten year-old hugs everyday or even every week I would not go back to the clingy stage.

Caid and Alicia Evans

Yikes.. I wish I had some great motherly advice.. but, I got Nothin.--I'm sure I'll be coming to you for advice when I'm facing these issues with my kids. But for now, I think your kids are super lucky to have their mom home with them--it seems that is rare more and more these days! Take a deep breath, and take one day at a time! You are a great mom!!

P.S. I heard "Bounce" is a great cling-resistant haha

Kelly

Heidi, I saw your link on Taryn's blog. It has been fun reading. He is such a cute "cling-on". I love the picture, he is reaching for you so desperately! It won't last forever.