CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Oh Great!

One of my top three "joys" of being a Mom is the middle-of-the-night-puke sessions!! I love my sleep, I don't love it being interrupted, and I especially don't love it when it's a child telling me they are sick. This either means they need to sleep in my room and I need to get up and make them a bed on the floor, or they have already thrown-up and I need to go clean-up! So Shae comes down from her room in the night and is in a hurry to get to my bathroom (I know this because I pass her on the way to get Jourden a drink because he has already gotten me out of bed with his whining for a "bobbi.") She can't use her toilet she informs me later, because Ashton has used a roll of toilet paper to blow his nose again and she doesn't dare flush the toilet because it will overflow. So she makes it to my bathroom, but not quite to me toilet! To make it worse, and the reason I think she may be sick was the darn county fair. She may have a bug, or it could have been the 10 hours in the sun, the Dippin Dots, sno-cone, kettle corn, huli-huli chicken, soda, Panda Express, parade candy, riding the Tornado, Inverter (twice) Zipper, Yo-Yo and Gravitron. So I'm not sure but what do you think?!! Well remember that menu I just recited, she didn't have quite enough time to get the lid totally lifted! (one time I wish my Hubby didn't have bathroom etiquette, he always shuts the lid!) So picture me trying not to get mad at her, trying to clean up a gut-wrenching mess, in my G's in the middle of the night, then making the bed on my floor, knowing what a long night I have ahead of me---and of course, Jourden by my side every step of the way! I hope you slept well.

5 comments:

Rachelle

I know it's not funny, but you made me laugh that ironic, I feel so sorry for you laugh. At least I don't feel bad that we didn't make it to the fair again this year. Wow hope you have a way better day and night.

Taryn

I can totally sympathize with you. Being a mom is a 24/7 job. I hope you get to take a small nap today to catch up on missed sleep.

Kelly

Having sick kids is the worst! It is not a laughing matter but your post made me laugh. I hope you get better sleep tonight!

Trinity

It is pretty funny after the fact you have to admit. It's so sad that it has to make you laugh. What do you do? Nothing but what you did. Unfortunately we moms have no choice.

BrieZ

Im Sorry Heid!!
I know how bad that sucks! But Thanks For The Laugh!!
I hope she is feeling better today and that it's not contagious so your not cleaning up more puke tonight!!