CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Murder at the Deadwood Saloon

Henrietta High-Stakes and El Guapo
The Gang-Everyone looked SO good!

Marshal Dalton questions Billy-The-Bartender, Montgomery Money and Banker Bob






Murder, Mystery and Mayhem at our house! We hosted a murder Mystery party Saturday that was so DARN fun. Geoff and I have been planning and ordering and plotting and scheming for nearly 2 months now and we finally had the big Shindig. It turned out to be more than we expected and we were so pleased with all of our family and friends amazing costumes. Everyone went above and beyond my expectations and made our night unforgettable. We had good food, good laughs and a rootin'-tootin' good time. My house was transformed into the Deadwood Saloon and I must admit, it looked really authentic. Although I was pretty worried about it starting fire because of all the oil lamps and candles I had lit! I ended up having to play two characters because of last minute cancellations, so it kind of made things to difficult to really get into playing the game, but I did win best dressed and I credit that to my awesome wig-so great! Geoff was dressing as El Guapo because we had 21 people for a 20 person party so we added a dirty Mexican bandit to the guest list, but again at the last minute, he had to play the Saloon owner and looked a little out of character, non the less, he looked hilarious. We have the best family ever and my cousin and his wife drove from Ogden to come and Geoff's brother and sis-in-law came from Provo, my three sisters and their husbands, my brother, two of my cousins, and two couples of good friends rounded out the Saloon patrons. There was some great acting going on, lying, cheating and stealing (good job Ryder) and of the 19 of us there, only my Sis Traci was up on her detective skills and won the Smokin' Gun award. I had some old time player piano music downloaded and we all drank from mugs and "beer" bottles (root of course). Geoff had an old time camera under the black cloak an took old time photos. The night turned out perfect and it was worth all the time we put in. Thanks Y'all for makin' it such a hootin' hollerin' good time.

3 comments:

Jo, a retired teacher

No wonder you've been extra busy! Wow! I hope you have more pictures. I only count 17 bodies in the group shot. It looks and sounds like you had a very good time. The costumes are terrific.

Rachelle

That looks like so much fun and your wig is great. I love the old time photos. You are so sweet to offer me help but I think you are one busy girl already. Unless, you are one good pie crust maker. I am no good at that and just ran out of crust. But Tom usually does that job for me.

Karynn

That is the most creative thing I've ever heard of! You crazy kids! I don't think I could PAY J.R. to do that. Your husbands are so fun! :-)