CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 22, 2008

All About Ashton


So I have been putting off doing the spotlight on Ashton, only because he is so totally hilarious, that I wanted to remember some of his classic lines, and was racking my brain trying to get them. As I have mentioned before, my "memory" with those type of things stinks, so that is why the delay on the new post. He has given me a few new ones just this week that I will mention though. First, he is my adorable 7 year old with sparkling blue eyes and huge lovable grin. He has caused me to have a lot of "freak-out" screaming episodes that I swore I would never have with my children. But, no matter how mad you are at your little stinkers, you love them just the same as your other not so naughty children. I often think of that and thank my Heavenly Father that he is the same kind of parent, He loves me even after my "naughty" choices and I can only be grateful for that. Ashton is an awesome soccer player, he was on a pretty crappy team this year and he and one other boy pretty much won every game those little guys played. His favorite thing in life is video games and I use that for leverage a lot. He would play non stop if I let him, but he also would spend hours catching lizards, fishing, shooting any and everything with his guns. He is great on his dirt bike and he can pretty much master anything you give him in just a few minutes. He is excellent at math, doesn't love reading so much. He is definitely a mans man. Since he has been able to talk, he has had a true attraction to "hot chicks". I am not exaggerating this either, his Dad never calls a girl a hot chick, he came up with that one out of the blue, he really and truly started saying he loved girls, years ago. Yes, I have worried ever since. Just a few days ago, he was doing home work and having a hard time staying on task, he said to me "Mom, I'm not a smart kid... I'm real good at gettin' chicks". He is such a character! Since he was three he has told us about being an army soldier and killing the "Germans", yes, he is stuck a few wars back, but he absolutely knows he wants to be a soldier as his job when he grows up. Ashton is a rough and tumble kind of kid, but he has a very tender heart. He cried for literally days (off and on of course) because of some movie he saw at a friends house (mind you he never went to this friends house again) I guess there was a baby that drowned in a pool and he was so sad for that baby, that he could not shake it for a very long time. He says some very heartfelt things when he sees little kids or animals hurt. Another funny thing he said just yesterday was about the little boy across the street. He went over to his house to see if he could play and came back a minute later and said "Chad (Dad) said he couldn't play" ME: Why not? "He said he has a pink eye. Who cares, why would I care if his eye was pink!" I started laughing-duh why does it matter what color your eye is anyway? He is always cracking me up. I do love my Ashton so very much, he is a little hugger and kisser and is always complimenting me, I do need that! I am so glad I am his Mom and I know how boring it would get around here without him.

1 comments:

Kelly

He really is such a cute kid, and always has a smile on his face! He needs to come play at our house more often.