CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Best Daughter Ever!


I have decided to spotlight my children one at a time because I think they are so wonderful. I will start with my amazing Shae-first because she is first, and second because we have embarked on a new "adventure" that hopefully will turn out awesome, for now we will "cope" with the learning process. CELLO! She started orchestra today in school and with some coaxing from Dad and myself, she will be learning how to play the cello. We couldn't possibly handle hearing a 10 year old learn how to run a bow across violin strings, so we thought the cello would be far less torturous to ourselves and we talked her into it. We decided to purchase instead of rent, and cellos are not CHEAP!! So she has to play until she is 80, or we have threatened her with dire consequences. She will be taking lessons for $80 a month (whoa!)from a teacher who plays an $80,000 dollar cello -yes that is the correct amount of zero's! So you see why the death threat if she quits! Anyway pray for our ears and sanity, we hope she loves it! On with the spotlight of her, she is a truly amazing girl. She is always kind and loving, and only on occasion, after tremendous torture, will she defend herself and fight with her brother. She is always helpful to me and I have taken great advantage of that fact. She watches her brothers almost daily. She is an awesome athlete. Loves soccer and is a true star. She picked up on basketball immediately after starting and is great. She's an awesome softball player who made All-Stars this year, and she wishes she could play volleyball but doesn't really have much opportunity here in Cedar. She loves rock climbing, hiking, swimming, and making crafts. Shae is super smart and I have never ever had an issue with her at school. She has a true spirituality about her that shines, she is one of those souls that is just born righteous. (Some of us aren't!) She loves being a girl, in fact she has gel nails on right now.(thanx Jame) She always wants to be right in the middle of it all- she got that one from her Mom! She would eat tomato's and potatoes all day everyday and she loves rice. Her favorite shows are: Jon and Kate Plus 8, So You Think You Can Dance, and American Idol. Her fave music is country and pop-she loves Tim McGraw, Taylor Swift and Colbie Calliet. She loves being with the family, I hope that never changes. I never have to ask her twice, she is such a sweetheart. Shae is so very tender-hearted, she'll cry if you hurt her feelings, and she'll cry if she hurts yours. I love her SO much, she is a beautiful soul in a beautiful body- My amazing daughter.
Click on her picture to see her perfect little face close up- LOVE it!

2 comments:

Rachelle

Wow what a sweetheart. Isaac started violing and the squeaky strings are not as bad as I thought, Most of the time. There are definitely moments. I made him watch that church movie, "The Master's Touch" and he totally got it because he understands how valuable his violin is so he was able to figure out the moral of the story. This epiphany for him was totally worth the squeaky string moments.

Trinity

Great tribute. I love Shae as well. I was her primary teacher for only a short time a couple of years ago and fell instantly in love with her. That's one thing you forgot. It's really easy for strangers to fall in love with her as well. She does shine. Also I love her wardrobe. Whenever I see her she is always the best dressed. You also forgot that she has an amazing mom. She is a lucky, lucky girl.