CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Why Up The Nose?!!


Why do all little kids stick things up their nose? Not just their fingers, I'm talking actual objects. I did it as a kid, my husband did it, we both remember how traumatizing it was too! Well it was Jourden's turn yesterday. I don't know when he did it, I didn't notice it until yesterday morning when he was laying down, I saw a white thing up there and felt the side of his nostril and sure enough, there was a hard white something lodged up there. Who knows, it might have been there for days, Geoff says he had been picking his nose for the past few days and that was a new thing for him (he has stopped that lovely habit since the dislodging, thank Heaven!) After trying to tweeze it out, suck it out (thanks for the use of the central vac Jamie!) blow it out (2 year olds don't really get the gist of blow harder!) I had no luck. Poor kid thought I was trying to kill him or something, but the doctor would have done the same thing- only with better tools, and charged me out the wazoo! It finally took Dad and Mom pinning him down with real force to get it out, and that only dislodged it, Jourden actually got it out with an accidental blow after we set him free. Turns out it was an eraser from a retractable pencil. Hopefully his turn is over and we won't be doing that ever again! (The penny in the pic is just to show the size of the eraser!)

5 comments:

Rachelle

Ok I am not going to say that is funny because that will jinx me for sure. You need to ask Kariann about Braden's stuck up the nose story.

By the way you are genius. I came home tapped the pressure canner guage and down it went immediately.

Taryn

Megan stuck small paper so far up her nose when she was 2 that it ended up giving her a sinus infection. I finally came out the same way Jordans did.

Kelly

That is a great story!

Caid and Alicia Evans

seriously...why do we do that? what is the facination with the small holes in our face and why do we as kids think we can fit objects larger than our nose up there? I am laughing so hard right now.. as well as the 2 girls I work with.. poor kid.
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the vaccum idea.. that is classic! I can only imagine what he was thinking! That prob. traumatized him more than the actual eraser!
love the stories! thanks for sharing

Caid and Alicia Evans

P.S... I did it to... black jelly beans will never look the same to me ever again... haha