CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 19, 2008

12 Wonderful Years!!


Today marks 12 years of marriage to my sweetheart Geoff. I feel like I'm not old enough to married that long, but who am I kidding! I had big plans for a much needed getaway, but parent duties got to my conscience, and we stayed in town to catch Ashton's last soccer game-he is so good! We were okay with sticking around because Geoffs little sis Brie had a murder mystery dinner party that we were so totally excited to dress up for and attend we could hardly contain ourselves (okay myself) I will post about that tomorrow and I can't wait to do so- yeah!!! Anyway, back to 12 years ago, we had a civil marriage and were sealed in the Manti temple almost 2 years later. That was a truly amazing experience because we had our then 5 month old Shae in her "celestial" white dress and it was such a spiritual experience. I can honestly say we have had an amazingly wonderful time together and admittedly some not so perfect moments, but the good definitely outweighs the bad. He is my "soul mate" and as cheesy as that sounds, I am often scared by how eerily alike we are. It makes for few arguments and a lot of fun times. I love spending time with him and I can truly say he is my best friend. I still get that little flutter in my stomach when he pulls into the driveway. He is always respectful to me and never belittles me or hurts my feelings (purposely-ha ha, after all, I am still a woman ).

FOR BETTER OR FOR WORSE: *I am perfect and have done nothing wrong-ever!
*We all know how husbands mature SO much slower than us!

IN SICKNESS AND HEALTH: *3 very unhealthy pregnancies, including months of bed rest, Life flight emergencies, premature babies, and weeks in NICU's, he was a way better housewife than me!!
*Big guys are tough on their joints! Knee surgeries, bad back, elbows, and shoulders makes for a lot of "down time". And, men are always WAY sicker than women when we catch the same bug -right? (ha ha sorry guys you are bad whiners)

FOR RICHER OF POORER: *We started out in a single-wide trailer with a hole in the floor (straight through the carpet to the outside!) a leaking roof (it rained inside and out-literally) a very bad gas leak that we kept trying to get "diagnosed" to no avail (it stunk like natural gas constantly) One working burner on a stinky stove. Neither of us were employed (not because we were losers!) We had one working car (my tiny CRX) And we were as happy as could be!!!
*We are now living comfortably in an awesome neighborhood. Geoff does work in the construction field, so we still have our times, it is either feast or famine, but he has made a fantastic life for me and my children and has given us more than we could ask for.

I love him so so much and I am so lucky he found me. I dream of our next 12-20-40 years together and I can't wait!! Happy Anniversary Babe!!!!!!
(I had scanning issues- I don't know what I am doing, so you will have to click the pic to see how awesome we were in 1996-funny!)

7 comments:

BrieZ

Wow! It has been 12 years, I cant believe it!
Happy Anniversary- We love you both and cant wait for the next 12 either!!

Jamie Neva Morris

Woo Hoo You Two SO SO happy for you

Kelly

That is so cute! Congratulations!

Trinity

Love the announcement.
I can't believe Geoff had hair once upon a time.

Caid and Alicia Evans

1996....classic! love the pic!! Congrats, that is awesome!
Caid is going to love the photo of Geoff--totally narly!

Rachelle

That picture is great. Isn't it great that to be excited to be with someone after 12 years. It amazes me everyday.

Taryn

Congratulations on 12 years! That's awesome. I love the announcement.