CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 11, 2008

I LOVE My Country



America is the greatest! I have always been a lover of my country, I remember as a child taking the flag raising duty so seriously and vowing to never let that flag touch the ground. To me, today is the most patriotic day of the year. Sad that we even have this "day", but at the same time, what an amazing uproar of love of the USA came about because of such a tragic loss. I rarely cry- but I rarely have dry eyes when I think of my awesome country. Lee Greenwood's "God Bless the USA" has never been sung and left me dry eyed. My spirit soars when I say the Pledge of Allegiance. My voice cracks and I sound terrible when I sing "The Star Spangled Banner", because I am on the verge of alligator tears rolling down my cheeks. Any member of the Armed Forces, dressed in uniform will make my heart swell with pride and I have to contain myself from kissing and hugging them and telling them I Love them- (how weird to have a crazy random lady kiss you in Wal-Mart!) Nothing gets my pride swelling and my adrenaline pumping more than a fighter jet roaring over my head and hurting my ears. I may be alone on this one, but who else crys over an F-16? I love the United States of America, I pledge my allegiance to my country, I love my fighting men and women--God Bless the USA!!!

1 comments:

Rachelle

Wasn't today beautiful with the Cedar City wind flapping all the flags lining the streets. I too was reminded of how blessed I am to be an American.