CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Murder Mystery




This past Saturday we were invited to a Murder Mystery dinner party, hosted by Geoff's little sis Brie and her boyfriend Tony. She asked us about 4 week ago if we would be able to come, and from then, you don't even know how much excitement and anticipation I was experiencing!! I have always wanted to attend one of these events, maybe because I am a big fan of CLUE the game, plus I love getting out and doing things. No one can ever accuse me of being a home body. We were given our "assignment" which was our character for the night. I was going to be Jean Thoughtful- the family psychologist, and Geoff was Neal Worthers- the chauffeur. We started planning our costumes and getting good ideas for making the most of an adult dress up party. After two trips to St George, DI twice, Catholic Thrift store, the other thrift store, Spirit Halloween, Partyland, several trips to Wal-Mart, many phone calls and Internet sites, we finally decided we were costumed out! Since Geoff is a big guy, it's hard enough finding regular clothes that fit him, much less a chauffeur costume? It ended up so awesome, he won the best dressed award and looked so dang good! Everyone there looked perfect for their part so I was pretty happy he won. Geoff ended up being the murderer which he was really pumped about. We had to lie, blackmail, bribe and sweet talk each other out of money (we were each given $500 to start) I only gave money to "Neal"-Geoff and ended up with 250, He ended with 3800 or something crazy, he dominated the night-he won it all! We had SO much fun. I am going to do one of these parties in a few months because it was such a blast. Although, I am a little concerned at what a great liar my husband was!

6 comments:

Rachelle

You guys look great. Murder Mysteries are so fun, especially because you get to lie guilt-free and dress up.

Kelly

That looks like tons of fun. You guys look awesome!

Jo, a retired teacher

Sounds like you had a lot of fun! Fun idea for the creative/actor types. You must be good at it.

BrieZ

You guys were awesome!!
We wouldnt have been able to pull it off if we didnt have such good friends and family!!
I cant wait 'til you do one...
I want an outrageous costume next time!!

Caid and Alicia Evans

that sounds so dang fun! I have heard about those, but never been to one! I don't even know how to start it.. you'll have to give me the scoop on how to do it so we can play! that is...if caid will participate..

Stacy

Heidi! I totally want to be invited to a party like that! You guys look awesome!!