CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Being close is the best!!!




I love my family! From reading this blog you probably already got that, but I mean I love my WHOLE family. Geoff will often say how great it would be to live far away from our families, so when we went to visit it would be a grand event and we would miss them and all that fun stuff. It does sound fun to go home for the holidays and be so excited to spend a good solid week with family and catch up on things, but actually I'd prefer it just that way it is. My entire family (Mom, Dad, 3 sisters(their hubby's and 9 kids), a brother, my Grandma and lots of others)all live within 20 miles of each other, and Geoff has 2 sisters that live in Cedar City and his parents are in Beaver, so we are so blessed to be close. I love having sisters to call for taxi and tending services, in-laws to get together with and BBQ, and parents to invade on a hungry-don't-feel-like-cooking-Sunday's. My sister blessed her baby today in Parowan so again we were able to spend the afternoon with all the cousins and still come home and sleep in our own beds. I love to see my sweet Grandma who will cook the entire time she has company just to be sure everyone has something they like and is totally stuffed and sick by the time they leave. (She always has an awesome garden to raid all summer long and I never have to buy a store bought tomato or cucumber!) Family birthday parties always have to be separate from the "friend" party because 40 people gets a little overwhelming when your trying to bust a pinata! It is ALWAYS crazy and loud- 7 screamers under 4 years old in one room is a big anxiety attack waiting to happen!! Then add 5 more with only a few more years under their belt and you have total and complete chaos. We tolerate it pretty well, with the exception of Geoff who threatens to leave at least 5 times before he can't take it anymore!! I love my parents who support my kids in all they do and watch how excited my Ashton is when Grandpa gets to watch him play ball. I have an amazing close-knit family that is just right here, how lucky am I?!!

3 comments:

Rachelle

You are lucky. Tom's family is all pretty close but my family is all 3000 miles away. I am begging, and pleading for my Mom to come visit me right now.

Caid and Alicia Evans

LOVE your new background.. really cute!! Did you have any probs with it?

cindy

Like mother like son. Think of it as a treasure hunt. You won't know what it is until you get it out, it's more fun that way.